So last time I wrote about Fedora configuration issues, I mentioned Suspend & Hibernate problems. I searched all over google and ask about those issues via IRC (#Fedora on freenode), they told me that this is a known issue and there is not much to do for now. I really trust those guys, but I was sure that I could find a solution for this issue, at least one of them.
After -very- long googling, I found the following solution Here.
- Notice that this solution has been written for Ubuntu on Asus laptops.
- This solution worked for me only for Suspend mode, Hibernate mode Doesn't work (yet).
Create a script under /etc/pm/sleep.d/. It can be any name, but to ensure the load order, use the prefix 20_.
sudo gedit /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd &
While installing Fedora 14 OS on 64 Bit Asus N53J I`v noticed for some issues:
- Start with very useful advices
- You will probably notice that you can listen to music with headphones but speakers are disable, so use: http://blog.tersmitten.nl/archives/1082
another useful guide about speakers problem may be found here: http://fedorasolved.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds
- Touch-Pad problems may occur, you may read the following posts: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126698 , notice that you just need to install the "Pointing Devices" su -c 'yum install gpointing-device-settings'
- Known issues about Kernel problem may be found here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems#Suspend.2FResume_failure
- Installing flash player: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash and HERE (Notice for 64Bit flash player: by accepting the terms of usage you will get older version then 32Bit that may and probably has security issues.
- Backspace on Chrome: http://www.chromeextensions.org/appearance-functioning/backspace-as-back-for-linux-2/
- More about Asus - N53J with Fedora 14:
Known issues, and still searching for answers:
- Suspend and Hibernate doesn't work, http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-December/388100.html
- Flash Player on Chrome sometimes stuck.
- Probably much more issues
Very nice repository for developers --> http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en
Will get back with more answer, Enjoy