Hi, long time again.
Today I want to help those which want to configure a Linux (Centos) virtual machine by using Window and don't no how.
Lately I m working on Windows environment because I had to start working on my app's design implementation which means I had to verify that everything works as expected on different and common browsers (Chrome, FF, IE9\8 - No I won't support IE7).
The idea is to have a Linux web server ( or any kind of Linux server ) while working on Windows environment and to be able to use it from any other network without dependencies.
Install Virtual Box
Get CentOS for vbox
Set your network settings:
- Adapter 1 - set to "Host Only Adapter"
- Adapter 2 - set to "NAT"
Set your Windows network configuration to use a static IP address:
- Go to "Control Panel"
- "Network and Internet"
- "Network and Sharing center"
- Click on "VirtualBox Host-Only Network"
- Click on Properties
- Edit Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Set your desired IP address. (Example)
Set your Linux IP configuration by using the system-config-network:
- The NAT configuration should remain the same as the default:
- The Host-Only configuration should be set to work with the static IP address:
Reboot your system
SSH from your machine by using Putty or any other SSH client